ACS guest-speaker of January 31st and world-class litigator Martin Garbus is slated to represent beleaguered DJ Don Imus. From winning Goldberg v. Kelly, to representing Public Enemy and telling outrageous stories about his brush with court martial, Garbus never fails to entertain. The Columbia ACS blog would like to wish Mr. Garbus the best with his newest client.
2008-09 ACS Chapter Leadership
External Relations Chair:
Assistant Finance Chair:
Assistant Media Chairs:
- The Blog Remains the Same
- 2nd Amendment Basis or Objective Basis for Firearm...
- Neal Katyal: Lead Counsel for Hamdan
- Gone Are the Brethren
- Summer Funding Restrictions Courtesy the Catholic ...
- SCOTUS Haiku with Professor Michael Dorf
- Climate Change, Public Goods, and Standing
- Environmental Roll Call in Massachusetts vs. EPA?
- PROPERTY RIGHTS POST-KELO
- Candidate Statement: Laird Nelson
Who We AreACS is a national organization of law students, law professors, practicing lawyers and others. We seek to revitalize and transform the legal debate, to counter the narrow conservative vision of American law that lacks appropriate regard for the ways in which the law affects people's lives. We seek to restore the fundamental principles of respect for human dignity, protection of individual rights and liberties, genuine equality, and access to justice to their rightful - and traditionally central - place in American law.
The American Constitution Society is a non-partisan, non-profit educational organization. We do not, as an organization, lobby, litigate, or take positions on specific issues, cases, legislation, or nominations. We do encourage our members to express their views and make their voices heard. The views expressed on this blog are those of individual ACS members and are not written on behalf of the organization.
Monday, April 23, 2007