Friday, March 31, 2006

Candidate Statement: Matt Dunne

In addition to helping out in any capacity in which the board thinks I could be useful, I'd like to broaden the substantive focus of the ACS events to include the intersection of internet and technology issues with Constitutional liberties.

I'd love to see speakers or a panel to address issues like the First Amendment and the internet, Executive power and digital privacy, or even implications of new voting technology. In particular, I'd love to lure out some of the amazing talent from the left coast, like Professor Larry Lessig of Stanford or a representative of the Electronic Frontier Foundation (I think of them as the ACLU or LDF of the internet: the premier progressive impact litigation group in their field.) We also have some great folks here at CLS, like Professors Eben Moglen, Tim Wu, and Clarissa Long. Needless to say, I'd be happy to help put something like this together.

Labels: