Saturday, March 31, 2007

Candidate Statement: Katie Brandes

Position: 3L Rep

Working on the board of ACS this year as Finance Chair showed me what a dedicated chapter we have at Columbia. After helping in small ways and big ways with the over 50 events that ACS hosted or co-sponsored this year I have come to see how big of an impact this organization has on promoting progressive views and debate in the law school community. I would like to continue to have the opportunity to work with this organization as a 3L rep. Our 1L board members, assistants, and planning committee have done a terrific job this year and I know that their enthusiasm will carry over to next year. By joining the Board as a 3L rep I would help provide continuity to the running of the board and help the board accomplish its goals for ACS. Plus, I provide the added bonus of having someone who knows about the budgets and accounting and that can never hurt.

Labels: